8 HOUR – HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TECHNICIAN REFRESHER
This one-day, 8-hour course provides personnel who have taken either the 24-hour, or 40-hour Hazardous Material Technician Programs with the refresher training required under 29 CFR 1910.120 (q)(6)(iii) and (q)(8).
The course is presented in a combination of lecture, small group discussion, and practical exercise.
Upon completion of the training, Hazardous Material Technicians will have updated and refreshed their knowledge and skills in the following subject matter areas:
- Classification, identification, and verification of known materials with field survey instruments and equipment.
- Function within an assigned role in the incident command system.
- Selection and use of proper specialized chemical personal protective equipment.
- Understand hazard and risk assessment techniques.
- Understand and implementing decontamination
- Basic chemical and toxicological terminology and behavior.
- Understanding termination procedures.
Students satisfactorily completing the course will receive a certificate of completion and a letter indicating completion with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (q)(8) annual training recertification requirements.
(NOTE: As a prerequisite, students must have completed a “Hazardous Materials Technician” course within the preceding twelve months or have received prior training as a Hazardous Material Technician and completion of a refresher course within the last twelve months.)