The Forklift Safety Training course is designed to meet the requirements of the new OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.178 which went into effect March 1, 1999. Topics covered in this course include:
- Understanding the difference between driving a forklift and driving a car
- Types of loads and their differences
- The effect of various surfaces on driving conditions
- Load stability
- Maneuvering forklifts when loaded
- Pre-operation inspection techniques
- Operating forklifts around other traffic and pedestrians
- Related safety precautions during forklift operations
Students will be required to perform a pre-operations checklist of a forklift.
Students must also complete a hands-on exercise involving maneuvering, loading and unloading a forklift.