8 hour HAZARDOUS WASTE SITE WORKER ANNUAL REFRESHER
The Hazardous Waste Site Worker Annual Refresher course is an 8-hour program that meets the training requirements specified by OSHA in the HAZWOPER standard under 29 CPR 1910.120 (e)(8). The purpose of the refresher training is to maintain certain competencies essential for ensuring a safe work environment for those individuals that are occasionally or routinely on site. The course is designed to provide a review and update of material learned and a refresher on skills acquired in previously received hazardous waste site worker training, such as a 40-hour or 24-hour site worker course, training in one of which is a prerequisite for this refresher training.
Upon completion of this course, the hazardous material site worker will have updated and refreshed their knowledge and skills in the following subject matter areas:
- Recognition and assessment of safety, health and other hazards present on site;
- Identification, selection, and use of chemical protective clothing and respiratory protection equipment;
- Work practices to minimize employee risks from hazards;
- Safe use of engineering controls and equipment on-site;
- Medical surveillance components and techniques in the recognition of symptoms and signs that might indicate overexposure to hazards;
- Planning for safe site operations and site emergencies;
- Confined space operations awareness; and
- Decontamination procedures for personnel and equipment.
This course is presented through lecture and discussion while also incorporating hands-on application through practical exercise participation (e.g. donning and doffing of level C personal protective equipment and SCBA).
Students satisfactorily completing this course will receive a Certificate of Completion and a letter indicating compliance with OSHA training recertification requirements for their personnel files.