This one-day, 8-hour course is designed to address the minimum training needs of first responders at the operations level who will be performing defensive product control actions at an incident and the training requirements of 29 CFR 1019.120 (q) (6) (ii).
This course is presented in a combination classroom lecture/discussion and practical exercise format.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Perform basic hazard and risk assessment.
- Select and use proper personal protective equipment.
- Understand basic hazardous material terminology.
- Perform defensive confinement operations within the capabilities of the resources available.
- Understand basic decontamination procedures.
- Understand basic standards operating and termination procedures.
Course grading is based on a written examination.
Students satisfactorily completing the course will receive a Certificate of Completion and letter documenting completion of this OSHA-required training.